Thursday, December 15, 2011

I have my Cake and I'm Eating it Too!

Life has it's moments. At this busy time of year I find more things have been calling me away from what I thought I needed to get done, and then I accomplish more that I had intended in the first place.
For instance, I needed to spend some time in Alaska to grieve the loss of a family member and spend time with those still around. Death is one of those things that you just can't avoid and it never comes at a good time. It interrupted plans to visit a university in SF that I am seriously considering. It also put me behind schedule as far as the projects I'm working on which would serious compromise my time management if I was selected for the residency in January I have applied to that I really, really want!
But...
The airlines suddenly came out with amazing winter deals which would make it so financially easy for me to fly to California for a few days for the university appointments. As I was struggling with the moral dilemma of: can I afford even more time away from my responsibilities?- I got a call from the residency folks who said I was not selected (therefore not committed to living and working on Vashon for a full month or two) but that they still want to invite me to do my project I had proposed for them- sometime in the next four to six months!
So I get my cake and I can eat it too!
Now I'm in SF exploring, learning a lot about the CCA program, spending time with my best friend (what a good sanity check!) and I'll still be able to come home and finish my obligations to the Flower and Garden show coming up!
Look for progress on that soon.

No comments: