Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Moving On





Spring can come now- any time. I won't mind, really.
Today brought snow flurries, blasts of winds and a high of 43 degrees (that must be a generous reading.) When you need to work as I do, with clay and plaster in a small cement bunker with no electricity, no heat, and no plumbing well... I tend to take it personally when the weather does this.
My studio- I love it! Today I decided to run the 30ft extension cord to the next nearest outlet to allow myself a space heater and music. And just so you know how crazy this set-up is, the electricity will not flow unless I turn on a light in the laundry room on the other side of the building, which means if anyone goes in there and turns it off, I get to run around and try it again.
But not to worry I got some good progress going on the next project: Social Constructs. This will be an interactive installation at the Valise gallery on Vashon in June (when it's warm, I can't wait!) I'm getting the molds made for slip casting the vessels that will be an integral part of the activity.
My first time using slip! Exciting! and I've decided that mold soap is my newest best-friend ever.

No comments: