Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Slow Day

">

After such a fun filled day a little rest was welcome.

We slept in, were slow to start, and mostly just took it easy. I had to pack to get ready for my Big Adventure and we only had time for a little light shopping in the city before I left. However when Greg and I stopped for a coffee and snack we discovered we were in the cafe belonging to one of the oldest hotels in America. The Cosmopolitan was very cute and very French. New York is making me realize that I'm not the only francophile- the whole county was when it started and what an influence France was in the image we created for ourselves! I also realized that almost everything in New York can boast being the oldest something-or-other.

Around five I took my leave of my friends and promptly got stuck in traffic. It only took about 5 hours to drive to Corning, so not too bad. I can't wait for the class to start!

No comments: